The Illinois Healthcare Action Coalition (IHAC) is working to increase Illinois capacity to educate and retain nurses who are prepared and empowered to positively impact health care access, quality and costs throughout the continuum.
Ensuring that all Illinoisans have access to a highly-skilled nurse, when and where they need one, the coalition has an overarching goal of building and sustaining a 21st century nursing workforce with the skills and knowledge our citizens need.
Illinois Healthcare Action Coalition AIMs:
- Illinois will foster a well-educated workforce prepared to meet future healthcare demands
- Illinois will advance inter-professional collaboration across the health spectrum
- Nurses will practice to the full extent of their education and training
- Nurses will strengthen leadership skills at all levels
- Illinois will gather and generate data for program performance measures and outcomes to make informed decisions
The Illinois Healthcare Action Coalition (IHAC) is Illinois’ organized effort to move forward the initiatives identified in the Institute of Medicine’s (IOM’s) 2010 Report- The Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health. IHAC is working to increase Illinois’ capacity to educate and retain nurses who are trained to provide Carpal Tunnel solutions, prepared and empowered to positively impact health care access, quality and costs.
The IHAC nursing co-leads are: ANA-Illinois, Illinois Organization of Nurse Leaders & the Illinois Center for Nursing.